Friday, March 07, 2014

Journal 52 .

Keeping the 'Muse' Alive...

 Participating in on line challenges is the best way for me to stay focused on my art practice.
It makes me experiment with new ideas and media, allows me to play and dabble without judgement on the end result and most importantly gives me the much needed excuse to put aside some time each day to fulfill the need I have to create.

Journal 52

Is a great challenge.
Chelle Stein gives you a prompt each week for 52 weeks of the year

and lots of places on line to show you work and see other member's ideas and interpretations of the weekly themes. The groups members are friendly, helpful and very creative.

Journal 52, Prompt #9: 'Colour Swatch Inspiration' 
We have arrived at Autumn and I am looking forward to the changing colours of nature.
Watercolours, Prisma pencils in Moleskine



Journal 52 Prompt # 8
'Found Poetry'
Liquitex Acrylic Ink. Carbon Black. On old book page in Moleskine.


Journal 52 Prompt #7
'When I Grow Up'
Coloured pencils, sewing and gesso in Moleskine Journal.



Journal 52 Prompt #6
The Art of Love Letters:
Hand drawn and then printed to make it fit into my journal
Serviette, clear gesso,  ballpoint pen, chalk, printer 
and sewing machine in Moleskine Journal.


Journal 52 Prompt #5:
Abstract Art Inspiration.
"The Process"
Stamps, stencil, ink, ballpoint pen, black and red Sharpies, gesso and Digital enhancement.
I started by stamping a small floral print stamp for background and just kept adding elements until I was pleased with it.


Journal 52: Prompt #4, Building Characters.
Meet the multi-talented 'Fran Flounder' 
I was baby sitting when I started this one so 
I didn't have my regular art supplies with me. 
I used my 4 yr old granddaughter's wonderful supplies, glitter glue pencils, 
and watercolour paints to draw Fran on a piece of copy paper.
 Later when I came home I made a background in my 
Moleskine using gesso for texture, spray inks,  
letter stamps, prismacolor pencils and black 'Stabilo All' pencil 
then I pasted Fran onto the page.


Journal 52 Prompt #3:
You Always Make Me Smile.
So many things in life make me Smile.
The Process: Inktense, washi tape, Tombow
& ballpoint pens,
collage and gesso in Moleskine.

Journal 52 prompt #2:
Somewhere: A Simple Place.
Gesso, watercolour paint and Biro
in Moleskine Journal.
Journal 52: Prompt #1,
Up Up and Away.
Painting with my granddaughter's supplies
then pasted in my journal at a later date.




2 comments:

Astera said...

What a nice challenge and lovely interpretations of the prompts! Looks like you truly let your imagination fly and enjoyed it thoroughly. :)

Annie said...

Hi Clare, Love your Journal 52 pieces they are all magical. Good on you for doing them. I know my Mum has joined in and enjoys the prompts each week.