Saturday, October 26, 2013

Playful Gatherings

Mixed Media Gals:

Our lovely little group of five talented artists has shrunk to three locals here is Victoria and two in Queensland.... Jenny  has left us to join Lynne in Sunny Qld.
We all miss Jenny and Lynne but remain inspired and enjoy the thrill of art making together. And of course there is the added bonus of us three travelling to Queensland for art weekends with our two interstate members.

A Small Farewell Gift I Made For Jenny.

From our get together on Sunday October 20th. 

 
Jen designed an amazingly functional and visually stunning art journal wrap. She has made several for her friends and family and over the past few weeks she has shared her design and knowledge with us so we can make our own. Sunday was the day to finish off our wraps and poor Jen spent most of the time helping me and Wendy get ours done.
Wendy has finished and it is Gorgeous!!
Inside Wendy's wrap.
 

The front and back covers of Wendy's wrap. It is truly an amazing work of art with
so much detail and gorgeous stitching.

 
My wrap pictured below is almost finished. I forgot to add the wrap around ties
 but I can hand sew them on......
It's cold outside so this is a project I can do this afternoon.


The front of my Journal wrap. I used pre-made bias binding and the dots were all wonky
 but I like it anyway.

Inside has pockets on the left for paper and sketchbook and on the
right is a pencil case. The middle has a little pocket for brushes.
 
 

I can't wait to see Jen's finished wrap.

*****************************

Monday October 21st

 
I had the pleasure of hosting an Art Journaling evening with a new little group.
There are only three of us and we have named our group O.A.T.S
Old Art Tarts...    :)
( we are not that old, nor are we tarts, just a fun name)
 
We began at seven PM and didn't finish until just after ten.
We really could have gleefully played away all night but
'work' the next day put an end to that notion.
My whole kitchen/dining area was littered with delicious art
supplies and we were all in heaven, chatting, making,
laughing and eating yummy nibbles.
The 'man of the house' made himself scarce, but I could tell he was
 busting to watch his TV shows, we let him in after a while.... Ha-ha.
Just goes to show that he really does need to build me that cute little art studio
I have been lusting after...
 
Below are some pictures of my journal pages from our get together.
 
On each side of this spread I pasted down some of the handmade 'Gelli Tape' Wendy and I made.

Inktense, Sharpies, Prismacolor, Gold leaf, Black & White Gesso.

 
 
 
 
It was lots of fun and good for the soul::
 
 
Have a Truly Creative Weekend!!
 
XXX
 
 
 
 

 

2 comments:

Jen xo said...

OMG clare you have been busy.....love love your latest journal pages and oats is too funny :)....so glad you love your art wrap ....hope the playing is continuing this weekend :).....

Jenny said...

Just catching up on your blog Clare... I absolutely adore my 'Home Sweet Home'... I have it hanging in my art room and each time I see it... I think of you... your art wraps are gorgeous... and your art journal pages are stunning... your new little group sounds wonderful... keep playing and enjoying...

Jenny ♥