Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Making Paper Fabric

With the Girl Gang.......

And oh what fun we had.
Coffee, tea, cakes, Christmas card swap, house tour, (Wendy's home is Adorably Cute and filled to the brim with lovingly handmade bits and pieces), chatting and finally getting down to the enjoyable but sticky and messy business of making fabric paper.
As usual I did not take any photos of what was a memorable and creative afternoon; however, Jenny has posted all over on her blog .
Below is my fabric paper which I drew over and then framed. It sparkles a lot more than the photos show.

 
I forgot we were to make our Christmas cards out of re-cycled items so I made the envelopes from paper scraps sewn together:
 
My theme was 'Three French Hens' from The Twelve Days of Christmas.
I made them with pencil, watercolour paints, stencils, stamps and ink then sealed them with mod podge.
 






 
 
 
 
With only seven sleeps to go I doubt if I will be blogging between now and Christmas.
I hope and Pray everyone has a peaceful, safe and Blessed Christmas with your family and friends. May you be surrounded by love and filled with joy and hope for the year ahead.
Thank you to my blog readers for your Support.
 
  XXX
 



6 comments:

VivJM said...

Sounds like a fun way to spend time with friends. I loooove your fabric paper bird - such a wonderful expression. Great stuff!

Jenny said...

It was just the loveliest afternoon Clare wasn't it... I LOVE your drawing over the fabric paper... that is absolutely stunning... pinning it for sure... and your cards are beautiful... it was funny today... Noel was reading from the paper what words the French use for Father Christmas and Merry Christmas... he was getting his tongue around the accent.... saying Joyeux Noel over and over... and then looked up and saw your card... I told him you painted it... and he was very impressed...

Wishing you a Joyeux Noel... hope it is magical...

Jenny ♥

Introverted Art said...

oh Clare, I love the little envelopes you made. So creative and delicate. Real pretty.

Jenxo said...

clare your fabric paper has turned out fabulously , I just love the drawing and how lovely to have such a great memento of our day, I love my card too....it was an absolutely wonderful day and I was on high for days :) hope you have lovely Christmas and get to do some more arting over the break....

Fran Traina said...

Just loving your cards and envelopes! Wow! great great great

Clare said...

Thanks everyone for your comments and support.